Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thoughts

So we had our monthly MOPS meeting today (Mother's of Preschoolers) and the speaker really got me thinking. I won't go into great detail but basically she spoke on our kids manners, or lack of. She also talked about having a vision for your family, like maybe the Golden Rule. I LOVE this idea...not only a vision for the family but how can I as their mom help them reach their goals?

Kinda a weird thought since my kids are so little but a great one! I know God has plans for each of their precious lives and am I preparing them to live out those goals and plans? Or am I getting too caught up in the day-to-day?

The speaker also talked about having kids that people enjoy being around. Makes you think, eh?! Do people dread having my kids around? Do they feel like a tornado hit after we leave? Do they say, "My kids will never be like that"

I guess the most prominent thought I had was, "Do I like being around my kids?"

Well, duh...I'm their mom. If I don't like them nobody will, right?! Well, maybe?

Putting all jokes aside, am I enjoying everyday with them? Do I nag, correct, spank, discipline, lecture, yell and frown too much?

I don't want to be remembered like that. I want my kids to be well behaved, thoughtful, loving, gentle creatures. But am I that way?

I guess it was a real gut check....

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a great topic this morning! I think every Mom must've gone away with similar thoughts...I know I did!!

Nicole said...

It was a great meeting. Your kids are awesome I love having them over to my house which reminds me we need playdate. Sorry I have not been there for you with MOPS I know how we feel. Love you Friend.