Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blake Robert

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Blake (I'm sure it's because we just celebrated his 3rd bday, check out our family blog) He is such an amazing little man and I am not just saying that because I'm his mom. The joy and laughter he has brought into our life has been unmeasurable. Let me give you a little history...

Teagan Faith, our oldest daughter, is amazing. Her name means beautiful so we have always called her our Beautiful Faith. When she was just about five months old we were told that my dad had maybe six weeks to live...he made it 10 days. He passed away on his 56 birthday, it was a time filled with so much emotion, but with God's strength and the "Beautiful Faith" that He has given us we have been able to keep going.

Just a couple of months after my dad's death we found out we were pregnant again. So many emotions filled up inside. We were very excited to be having another baby but I couldn't help to be somewhat sad inside. I knew my dad would never even know this child and this child would never know my dad. We did not find out the sex of the baby. I kept saying I really didn't care if the baby was a boy or a girl, but secretly I wanted a baby boy. (I've never told anyone that)

Blake Robert entered the world much like his "Grumps" left the world, a calm room with a few family members at the bed. When the nurse set him on my chest and we were able to look and say "It's a boy" I just cried, if I would have had the chance I probably would have wailed.

Blake is such an easy going guy. He is often times in his own little world. I don't think he knows how to dislike anyone (except Teagan at times). He makes us laugh all the time, almost as often as he makes himself laugh. He tells me he loves me probably twenty times a day, and I never get tired of it. When I tell him he is a good boy he simply replies "Or a good girl, mommy" and when I say he is a very special boy he let's me know "Or a special mommy" When I asked him what he is going to be when he gets big he said "A good man"

It is unbelievable how much he acts like my dad, his easy going attitude and love for people is much like him. His slow meander of a walk and the way he presses his eyebrows sometimes stops me in my tracks. I have even seen him pick his nose in only a "Robert" way...(mom you know, the thumb thing).

I am amazed that two creations a generation apart that have never spent a moment together can be so similar. I LOVE IT! I feel like God has blessed not only Stan and I but my entire family with more joy then we could have ever imagined. Blake, is well, Blake, he is one of a kind.
Here's to you little man!

4 comments:

Katie said...

How special! What a blessing to have such sweet reminders of your Dad in your son!

Crystal said...

Loved reading about the history behind Blake. He is such a sweetie to tell you he loves you that many times. I remember when DJ used to do that. Treasure these times!

chrisandshelly said...

Yes, that little stud has brought
so many smiles to all of our
faces and hearts. It helps to have
such amazing parents as your selves
and our wonderful god on his side.
we love you
shelly

mom said...

What a guy! he is SO much like your dad in so many ways! but uniquely his own person!!! Yes, I do recognize the nose/thumb thing! He has been such a blessing in our lives, (from the day you told me your were pregnant I NEW that he was a boy!) Can you imagine all the "trouble" he and "Grumps" could have gotten into? Thank you for the wonderful job you do to keep your dad alive in all our hearts! you have an amazing family!