Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Weekend in Review

We had a mild weekend...which I'm beginning to really enjoy. I love having company over or getting together with friends for food or games, but I am also beginning to really enjoy the calmness that some weekends can bring.

Saturday we decided to head to the Sportsman Show at The Trac in Pasco. There were a lot of things to look at and the kids loved seeing all the "big bucks" ( the mounted deer and elk). I do think it was a little over priced to get in (all you do is walk thru the exhibits) but Stan really enjoyed it, he would have spent hours in there if he could have. I felt bad that he couldn't spend more time but with all three kids it didn't take long before someone needed food, a nap or both. It's probably a good thing we had the kids, he had his eye on a boat, so the kids saved us from getting one!

Sunday we headed to church in town. We have been going to church over in Tri-Cities and we have enjoyed it, however, I have been longing for a church family here in Hermiston. It's completely ridiculous because I have no problem driving to the mall over there but I really don't like it for church. I think it is because I like going to bible studies, small groups and being involved in the church we attend and when you start going to Tri-Cities for all of that it seems like you are over there all the time. Maybe it's just an excuse....anyways, I think maybe we didn't give New Hope a fair chance when we first moved here. (Many reasons for that which I'll spare the details of) So, I am excited to learn more about New Hope and attend different groups it has to offer.

After church our attention turned straight to football. It wasn't quite the same since Stan's beloved Seahawks weren't playing but any football is better then none in our house. I think we are big dorks!! You would have thought we were having loads of people over to watch it with us based on the amount of food that we had, sub sandwiches, a big pot of soup, chips...but it was just us.
I'm thinking of hosting a Superbowl Party, maybe even without kids.

5 comments:

Katie said...

It was fun to see you at church!! I hope you guys will decide that it's the place for you...I know you would fit in well! Love to you today!

Crystal said...

It would be awesome to see you at New Hope! More importantly I want you guys to find that church home that feels like family. I know exactly what you mean by wanting to be involved in small groups, kid's church activities and all the fun things that go with it. New Hope is awesome in those respects!

Michelle said...

I hope that you guys are able to find a church that fits you! I know it has been a struggle over the last couple of years.

Nicole said...

I loved seeing you at church even though it was just "seeing" you stan must have been in a hurry to get to that game. I hope you find a place that is for you as much as I would love for it to be New hope.

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

i can understand the struggle of finding where God wants you. it tokk john and i quite a while to disconnect from what was comfortable to what He thought was necessary for us. thru it all we have grown and learned so much about each other and our family as well as created great relationships within our body of beleivers.
i can totally relate to the comforts of home thing...sometimes its sooo much easier!