Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Am Here

So, I was unaware that there was question as to where we are. (it makes me feel good to know people were thinking of us, thanks guys!)

We are still in Hermiston! (I must be a real hermit) We still have our house for sale and we still don't know what we are doing or where we are going. We are waiting to hear about a specific job that Stan put in for about seven months ago. We think we will have an answer by the end of this month (but then again we thought that in October and November, too)

To put it sweetly.....we have no idea what is going on.

I do know....God has a great plan for us as a family. I feel like when I can be broken enough, once and for all, to F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and get out of His way, then the plan for us will be abundantly clear. (doesn't mean it will be what I want or what is easy)

I do know....these last two years have been some of the most trying times in my life. I have learned many things about myself, my marriage, my family, my friends and my God.

I do know....that we may end up staying in Hermiston. That is a scary sentence to write! I know many people that have been transplanted here have felt those very emotions. I also know that if this is where we are suppose to be then I will be content!

I do know....I need to put more focus on others and less focus on myself. How can I serve others? What have I exchanged my life for today? What did I show/teach my children today?

I do know...I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself. Nobody wants to be around an Eeyore..."Poor me, I lost my tail again" I have a wonderful husband, amazing children, great family and a beautiful home (who cares if there's a for sale sign in the yard)

Today is a new day!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Be encouraged, Angie! You are great people with great hearts, and God sees that. It seems like you have a grasp about what is going on... when you do find yourself at a place where you can let go and fully trust that the plans that God has for you are good... He will unveil awesome things. May the peace of God come in your life... beyond all that you could understand! Blessings!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

John and I are so grateful for your and Stan's friendship! We'll be happy to keep you around if that's what God has for you. :)

Nicole said...

I know that God has wonderful things in store for your family. They will come when HIS time is right. I know that if you do leave Hermiston you will be greatly missed!!

Crystal said...

You definitely have your heart in the right place! Keep trusting in Him alone.

Katie said...

No matter what happens, you have learned and you have grown! These are the times that you are going to look back on and see God's hand in you life. It doesn't get any better than that! Not that you want to go through it all again, but it's pretty amazing to trust God when that's all you can really do!

sixwickerts said...

AMEN to ALL OF IT! Thanks for the reminder :)