Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Amazing Savings!

I just got back from Safeway and I am totally excited after grocery shopping! This could be a first time that exctied and grocery shopping are in the same sentence. Here's why....I looked at my receipt and the little part at the bottom where it tells you the amount saved said....89%!! No that is not a typo....89%.

Here's how...after our MOPS meeting last week I took what Jolene, the speaker, had to say to heart. I realized that while I do a decent job grocery shopping, there was some room for improvement. So I logged onto www.thegrocerygame.com and got to work (with Jolene's help) it didn't take long for me to realize that with a little bit of work I could save a lot of money and AVOID Walmart, now that sounds great to me.

So, I just wanted to share this with EVERYONE. I didn't even use coupons today, imagine what I could have done if I had. Hope you all have a chance to check it out....I know it will be well worth the time and energy spent.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Tell me more!!!! I am interested, how does it work?

Enger Adventures said...

That sounds great! I would love to hear more as well. We were just discussing how we could whittle the grocery budget. I will check out the website. Thanks for sharing!!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

I love shopping at Safeway...diapers can be cheaper there! Hey, lets get together soon. We closed on our house today..YAY!