Monday, February 25, 2008

Babbling

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children"
-Charles R. Swindoll


I love this quote....sometimes I don't realize how small, everyday things are really big and life changing to my kids. The big thing right now is playing soccer in the park across the street. Teagan is a maniac about it. We have been out everyday for a week or so just kicking the soccer ball around....and she loves it. It doesn't seem like any big deal to me but it is so important to her. Her newest phrase is "Mom, your neat" Just plain and simple but it sure brings a smile to my face!

Blake is such his own person! I don't think he even realizes what an individual he is, probably because he and Teagan are so close in age that they often times get lumped together. I am trying to let him become more independent but it is REALLY hard, not because I don't want him to do things for himself but he is so stinkin' slow! I know that sounds bad but it drives me crazy! I have realized it though the last couple of weeks and am now making a real effort to let him do things on his own (even if it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r) His thing lately is being a super hero...he will try and tie just about anything around his neck so he can yell "SuperHero, to the rescue!)

Penelope will be eight months old the end of this week.....where has that gone? She is such a good baby!! I have never seen a baby be more "in love" with their daddy. If Stan is in the room she stares at him continually until he looks are her....and then she'll smile, giggle, look away and then start the game all over again. She has been such a wonderful addition to our family.

We have a couple looking at our house tomorrow evening. They looked at it last week and are coming back for a second look (this is promising!)

Stan's application packet is in Salem and will be reviewed mid-March so we are hoping that by the end of March we will have an answer.

My good friend and I are heading to Portland this weekend. It is our birthday get-away weekend. It is suppose to be a kid free weekend but because we both have an 8 month old that is still nursing we will have the babies. It will still be a great time!! I can't wait to do some shopping and as she puts it "Go into a store with breakables!"


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope for the best with this couple looking at your place! Have a fun fun time this weekend!

By the way... I hear you were a great friend Sunday afternoon! ;-)

Sherri said...

Have a great weekend Ang! How fun!!