Friday, February 1, 2008

The Big Mouth Big Lot Man

I had one of those complete God Stop moments today! I was in Big Lots with all the kids looking at high chairs....a young man came over to get some off of the top shelf for me. I kept asking him to get more down so I could decide on which style and color I wanted and I could tell he was probably thinking "Lady, how many do you really need to look at?" I just kept smiling and calling him by name telling him thanks for helping me out.....so I finally decide on one and he packs it up to the cashier. He waits patiently as I write out a check (with the baby in my arms, Blake MIA and Teagan pulling things off the shelf) we head out to my van and all of a sudden.....MAJOR FLASHBACK......

A week ago at Walmart I was slow poking in the van infront of the store. A lady starts walking right infront of me so I stopped abruptly, I had no idea a guy was walking behind the van trying to get into the store. Apparently he had no idea that the lady walked infront of the van and he got mad that I stopped....he about walked into the back of the car while he was carrying his little girl. He started screaming at me...I was looking around because I was sure no one was yelling at me, I hadn't done anything wrong! He used not so nice words....(a combination of the "F" bomb and the "B" word) and he said the not so nice words a couple of times. I was completely shocked and I rolled my window down and yelled back "You do not talk to me like that" I was so shaken up (I don't like to be yelled at) that I wouldn't even go into the store. Stan was ticked!!! He kept asking if I thought he was still at the store and if I remembered what he looked like.

Well, I do remember what he looks like...he was the nice young man helping me to my van at Big Lots!! Before I could even think of what to say to him I blurted out "You're the guy that cussed me out at Walmart" He just looked at me and said "You were in the van"......

To sum it up I told him (very nicely) how upset that made me and that I had only stopped because there was a pedestrian infront of me. He apologized multiple times, gave a little excuse, loaded the highchair faster then the speed of light and said "Again, I'm so sorry..have nice day"

What a God moment!!



4 comments:

Michelle said...

So hilarious... you know how I saw you in minute later at Safeway?.... I had just driven by and saw you chatting with that guy in the parking lot. Now, I know who to watch out for... so not to be cussed out. :-)

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. Can't believe you recognized him and that you said something! Don't think I would be that brave...good for you. I bet he thinks twice before yelling at someone else!!

Crystal said...

Funny story! I would have said something too! You go girl!

Sherri said...

what a story ang.... you know, i would have yelled out the van window AND talked to him straight out in the parking lot too - well , you know me...but seriously, i hope that got him thinking, we all need to take a deep breath when we're driving around in this crazy world....